Start the year off right! Do an inventory of your social media sites to ensure that you have claimed and/or verified your social media profiles. I have already talked about verifying our Google + page. It was a Google prerequisite for your Google+ page and your Google Maps profile to go live.
I want to remind you that you should also verify your Facebook business page. Verifying your Facebook business page is easy! Here are directions on how to verify your Facebook business page.
- Log into your Facebook account and navigate to your business page.
- Go to Settings > Page Verification > Edit
- Follow the prompts. Facebook will call you immediately, so please verify your page during business hours when someone is available at work to answer your phone.
- The Facebook call will give you a verification code that you will type into the space provided on the Facebook computer pop up window.
- Voila! Your page will be verified.
PS>> if this does not work, you can send Facebook a variety of acceptable business documents as a means of verifying your Facebook account ownership including the following list of items. Just follow the prompts.
If you need help verifying your Facebook business page, contact Sharon Kantor Bogetz at Cutting Edge Practice at (847) 370-9131. Sharon has been doing dental marketing and Internet marketing since 2002!
Wishing you a prosperous new year!
Happy Holidays from Wendy and Sharon at Cutting Edge Practice!
Your dental marketing plan for November should include an End Of The Year letter for your patients. You should compose and send this letter during the month of November. There are a variety of ways to send this letter:
- Leverage your dental practice management software. Contact the company you are using for your dental patient communications. Ask them how you can send an e-blast to all of your patients with valid emails.
- Send the letter by U.S. Postal service to those patients without email addresses. In reality, very few practices have 100% of their patients’ emails.
- Use an email marketing service to send an email to your patients.
If you are wondering how to write an “end of the year” letter, here is a list of some topics you might cover in your letter:
- Thank your patients for their loyalty
- Send holiday greetings
- Introduce staff changes
- Describe new dental equipment added
- Highlight new dental services added
- Remind your patients that their insurance benefits will expire
- Make an end of the year whitening offer
- Invite patients to start Invisalign to straighten their teeth before New Years
If you need help developing your end of the year letter for your dental patients, contact Sharon Kantor Bogetz at Cutting Edge Practice at 847-370-9131. She has been helping dentists with their dental marketing since 2002.
During the 2017 ADA convention in Atlanta, Sharon Kantor Bogetz attended a 3 hour OSHA update. Lots of new information, but some things stayed the same.
In review, the dental office should use Standard Precautions:
- Hand Hygiene
- Respiratory hygiene / cough etiquette – NEW
- Sharps safety
- Safe injections – NEW
- Instrument, device sterilization
- Environmental aespsis cleaning, disinfection, barriers
Written protocal shall be developed, maintained and periodically updated for proper instrument processing, operatory cleanliness and management of injuries.
If you don’t think OSHA is a concern for you, please read this announcement from OSHA: “OSHA investigation finds two Lakemoor Dental locations failed to protect employees from risks of bloodborne pathogens.” These 2 dental practices in Illinois were fined $53,000 for OSHA violations. Read the entire OSHA Report…
Cutting Edge Practice urges you to schedule yearly OSHA training and to review your OSHA Manual and Safety Data Sheets yearly. If you need OSHA training for your dental office, contact Sharon Kantor Bogetz for your training session. There is still time to schedule training before December 31st. Contact us at 847-370-9131 or email your request to Cutting Edge Practice to schedule your OSHA training session.
I am at the 2017 ADA Meeting in Atlanta. This has been a fabulous meeting! Coming back with new product information and lots of great ideas. I attended classes on OSHA, HIPAA compliant email, new technology to use in treatment planing with patients, customer service, dental marketing and SEO.
Here is a great new product you can attach to your iPhone or Samsung phone to take clear and sharp intra-oral photos. The device is called: Smile Lite MDP Full Set – #6600-KIT. Read more…
There is also a cutting edge new smile design software app to help you mock-up and prepare before and after photos so the patient can visualize their smile. Visit DSD website to learn more….
Can’t wait to tell you all about it.
Going to the ADA Meeting in Atlanta this week? I’ll be there from Thursday to Sunday.
Join me at the Northwestern University Dental School Alumni and Reunion Reception
2017 NUDS ADA Alumni Reception and Reunion in Atlanta, GA!
Saturday, October 21, 2017
5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Hyatt Regency Atlanta, Hanover A
265 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
Register Here: http://admin.alumni.northwestern.edu/NUDS2017
$15 person pre-registration OR $20 a person at the door.
Hors d’ oeuvre Reception and Cash Bar.
Online registration closes Thursday, October 19. Tickets can also be purchased at the door. Questions, please contact Sharon Kantor Bogetz at 847-370-9131. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Cutting Edge Practice just completed a dental logo for White Plains Dental. This logo is for a dental start-up in Northbrook IL. A dental logo is just one of the many design projects that are part of every successful dental start-up with Cutting Edge Practice. We will use this logo design on their dental website, dental Facebook page, Google My Business page, business card, letterhead, appointment card, stationery, rack card and direct mail campaign. Because of the targeted marketing that Cutting Edge Practice creates for their clients, our dentists have patients on their schedule before they are open!
Sharon Kantor Bogetz from Cutting Edge Practice and her design team at Midwest Dental Solutions have created more than 75 dental logos.
Observe National Cybersecurity Awareness Month with an eye toward improving your computer, dental website and data security which are parts of HIPAA compliance. There are many aspects of HIPAA compliance to consider for your patient data, patient communications and dental marketing. I have already written several dental blog entries and social media posts about the need to make your dental website secure with an SSL certificate.
Here are some helpful links to HIPAA reference materials created by The Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights (OCR):
Here is just a partial list of HIPAA compliance tasks that you can implement now:
- Provide staff training in HIPAA. Here is a cost effective on-line program created by the American Dental Association.
- Implement Business Associate Agreements.
- Conduct an assessment of the potential risks and vulnerabilities to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of patient data.
- Implement security measures sufficient to reduce risks and vulnerabilities to a reasonable and appropriate level to comply with § 164.306(a).
- Add a HIPAA Sanction policy to your employment manual. Ensure that all staff members receive the new policy with documentation.
- Implement procedures to regularly review records of information system activity, such as audit logs, access reports, and security incident tracking reports.
- A covered entity that maintains a a dental website that provides information about the covered entity’s customer services or benefits must prominently post its notice on the website.
I encourage you to subscribe to the HIPAA Journal. It is a FREE on-line journal providing valuable information and news about HIPAA for the healthcare professionals. They just published an article entitled: “Why Dental Offices Should be Worried About HIPAA Compliance.”
HIPAA compliance is a process. Keep working toward getting a secure website. If you need help, please call Cutting Edge Practice at 847-370-9131 or reach out to your IT professional.
Dental marketing for October should begin now. We encourage dentists to be involved in 4 different dental marketing initiatives every month to ensure your practice grows. Developing your plan for events, blog entries and social media requires time and effort. Just as you plan to fill your schedule 2 – 4 days in advance, we suggest you plan your marketing at least 2 weeks before the end of the month. Here are some ideas you may promote for October.
- Dental Hygiene Month
- National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- National Diabetes Month
- National Vegetarian Month
Here are some activities you might develop for October. All of these can generate great blog and social media posts.
- Plan a tooth brush trade in event with a school, day care or with your city officials.
- Collect Halloween candy to send to members of the armed forces.
- Invite your patients to come to their dental appointment in their Halloween costume.
- Send an email and/or postcards to remind patients with dental insurance that it is time to use their benefits before they expire.
- Post photos of your staff decorating the office for Halloween.
- Take photos of patients and/or your staff in their Halloween costumes.
Preparing for dental marketing events, blog and social media posts takes forethought. Start by reviewing my ideas with your staff. Assign responsibility to staff members to champion one of these ideas and generate excitement for your October dental marketing initiatives!
Need help with your October dental marketing strategy? Want me to design your marketing pieces? Contact Sharon Kantor Bogetz from Cutting Edge Practice at 847-370-9131 to get help!