In a Google Hangout published today, 7-27-2016, Search Quality Senior Strategist, Google’s Andrey Lippatsev discussed the top 3 Google ranking factors for search results. The top 3 factors for 2016 are:
- Website content – Content is still king! – Make sure your website has unique content that is written for people and not computers to read.
- External links pointing to your website – This takes into consideration the number of qualified websites linked to your website.
- RankBrain – RankBrain is the name of the artificial intelligence (AI) that is now being employed in every search and in Google’s algorithm. Here is a link to a great article published in June 2016 that explains RankBrain in detail.
During this presentation, Andrey from Google also confirmed that having a mobile friendly website is also a “ranking signal”. Listen to the entire presentation….
How do the top 3 Google ranking factors affect your internet dental marketing?
These 3 factors will affect your Google placement. Taking steps today will provide benefits to your Google placement tomorrow!
- Develop your internet dental marketing strategy around these factors. Talk to your website designer to make sure your website content is relevant, easy to read and includes text that is fresh and new.
- Develop a plan to ensure that respected and qualified websites are linked to your website. Start with the easy ones like your dental society, chamber of commerce, social media and local listing sites.
- Re-design your website to be mobile friendly. Mobile search is growing at an astronomical rate. Ensuring that your website is mobile friendly matters to Google and it will matter to your patients and new patient prospects.
If you need help in creating a dental marketing strategy or developing links to your website or creating a mobile friendly website, call Sharon Kantor Bogetz at (847) 370-9131, managing partner of Cutting Edge Practice. Remember, Cutting Edge Practice is a partner with YEXT the premier listing service for creating links to your website!