Pew Research Center posted the results of their latest social media research study entitled “Social Media Update 2016” on Nov 11, 2016. Read the entire article to learn more about the demographics of social media use in 2016… The Center conducted a telephone survey from March 7-April 4, 2016 and spoke to 1,520 adults from across the U.S. States.
The Pew Research Center reported that 8 out of 10 or 79% of adults used Facebook. This is a 7% increase from their 2015 survey. Pew also found that 76% of the adults using Facebook checked in and used Facebook daily. Other social media outlets trailed behind with Twitter use at 24%, Pinterest use at 31%, Instagram at 32% and LinkedIn at just 29%.
How should you apply this social media research to your dental marketing plan for 2017?
Spend your time and effort on Facebook because it is the most used social media outlet!
- Set up your Facebook business page.
- Refresh your Facebook cover photo.
- Boost your Facebook posts to reach a larger audience.
- Set a calendar of Facebook posts for the next 12 months.
- Copy your Facebook posts into your blog page on your dental website.
- Go out with a bang! Try creating a post for each week between now and December 31st.
Not sure how to use Facebook or need a new Facebook page cover photo? Read her post from last week about how to set up a Facebook page. Call Sharon Kantor Bogetz at 847-370-9131 or email her through this website.