Cutting Edge Practice helps dentists market their dental practices by participating in community events. “We want our dentists to deliver a consistent brand message to the public.” This is a photo from the Johnsburg Business Expo on March 17th. Cutting Edge created and designed the following marketing pieces to help project an integrated marketing theme for their Post-transition consulting client, Prime Dental Associates which included:
- dental logo
- dental website
- branded tablecloth
- retractable banner
- dental rack card
- business card
- referral card
- branded toothbrushes
Sharon Kantor Bogetz at Cutting Edge Practice has implemented an aggressive dental marketing plan for their new dental start up which includes a responsive dental website, door signage, TV advertising, Facebook advertising, Yext powerlistings, Google + and website blog posts direct mail, new mover marketing, SEO and SEM and much more. White Plains Dental has patients on their schedule for the first day they are open!
Cutting Edge Practice has an impressive list of successful dental start up clients. See their extensive dental portfolio.
If you need help with your dental start up, contact Cutting Edge Practice by phone at (847) 370-9131 or send an email. Request a FREE consultation!
Start the year off right! Do an inventory of your social media sites to ensure that you have claimed and/or verified your social media profiles. I have already talked about verifying our Google + page. It was a Google prerequisite for your Google+ page and your Google Maps profile to go live.
I want to remind you that you should also verify your Facebook business page. Verifying your Facebook business page is easy! Here are directions on how to verify your Facebook business page.
- Log into your Facebook account and navigate to your business page.
- Go to Settings > Page Verification > Edit
- Follow the prompts. Facebook will call you immediately, so please verify your page during business hours when someone is available at work to answer your phone.
- The Facebook call will give you a verification code that you will type into the space provided on the Facebook computer pop up window.
- Voila! Your page will be verified.
PS>> if this does not work, you can send Facebook a variety of acceptable business documents as a means of verifying your Facebook account ownership including the following list of items. Just follow the prompts.
If you need help verifying your Facebook business page, contact Sharon Kantor Bogetz at Cutting Edge Practice at (847) 370-9131. Sharon has been doing dental marketing and Internet marketing since 2002!
Your dental marketing plan for November should include an End Of The Year letter for your patients. You should compose and send this letter during the month of November. There are a variety of ways to send this letter:
- Leverage your dental practice management software. Contact the company you are using for your dental patient communications. Ask them how you can send an e-blast to all of your patients with valid emails.
- Send the letter by U.S. Postal service to those patients without email addresses. In reality, very few practices have 100% of their patients’ emails.
- Use an email marketing service to send an email to your patients.
If you are wondering how to write an “end of the year” letter, here is a list of some topics you might cover in your letter:
- Thank your patients for their loyalty
- Send holiday greetings
- Introduce staff changes
- Describe new dental equipment added
- Highlight new dental services added
- Remind your patients that their insurance benefits will expire
- Make an end of the year whitening offer
- Invite patients to start Invisalign to straighten their teeth before New Years
If you need help developing your end of the year letter for your dental patients, contact Sharon Kantor Bogetz at Cutting Edge Practice at 847-370-9131. She has been helping dentists with their dental marketing since 2002.
During the 2017 ADA convention in Atlanta, Sharon Kantor Bogetz attended a 3 hour OSHA update. Lots of new information, but some things stayed the same.
In review, the dental office should use Standard Precautions:
- Hand Hygiene
- Respiratory hygiene / cough etiquette – NEW
- Sharps safety
- Safe injections – NEW
- Instrument, device sterilization
- Environmental aespsis cleaning, disinfection, barriers
Written protocal shall be developed, maintained and periodically updated for proper instrument processing, operatory cleanliness and management of injuries.
If you don’t think OSHA is a concern for you, please read this announcement from OSHA: “OSHA investigation finds two Lakemoor Dental locations failed to protect employees from risks of bloodborne pathogens.” These 2 dental practices in Illinois were fined $53,000 for OSHA violations. Read the entire OSHA Report…
Cutting Edge Practice urges you to schedule yearly OSHA training and to review your OSHA Manual and Safety Data Sheets yearly. If you need OSHA training for your dental office, contact Sharon Kantor Bogetz for your training session. There is still time to schedule training before December 31st. Contact us at 847-370-9131 or email your request to Cutting Edge Practice to schedule your OSHA training session.
Dental marketing for October should begin now. We encourage dentists to be involved in 4 different dental marketing initiatives every month to ensure your practice grows. Developing your plan for events, blog entries and social media requires time and effort. Just as you plan to fill your schedule 2 – 4 days in advance, we suggest you plan your marketing at least 2 weeks before the end of the month. Here are some ideas you may promote for October.
- Dental Hygiene Month
- National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- National Diabetes Month
- National Vegetarian Month
Here are some activities you might develop for October. All of these can generate great blog and social media posts.
- Plan a tooth brush trade in event with a school, day care or with your city officials.
- Collect Halloween candy to send to members of the armed forces.
- Invite your patients to come to their dental appointment in their Halloween costume.
- Send an email and/or postcards to remind patients with dental insurance that it is time to use their benefits before they expire.
- Post photos of your staff decorating the office for Halloween.
- Take photos of patients and/or your staff in their Halloween costumes.
Preparing for dental marketing events, blog and social media posts takes forethought. Start by reviewing my ideas with your staff. Assign responsibility to staff members to champion one of these ideas and generate excitement for your October dental marketing initiatives!
Need help with your October dental marketing strategy? Want me to design your marketing pieces? Contact Sharon Kantor Bogetz from Cutting Edge Practice at 847-370-9131 to get help!
Writing a review for Sharon Kantor Bogetz and Wendy Pesavento from Cutting Edge Practice just got easier.
Click this link and you’ll jump directly to a Google Review pop – up window for Cutting Edge Practice.
If you would like to use Google Reviews for your dental marketing, call Sharon Kantor Bogetz at 847-370-9131 or send her an email. She can help you create a custom Google Review link for your practice. She’ll also create a unique email that you can use to invite happy patients to post a 5 star Google Review for you. She has great ideas for collecting Google Reviews too!
For many dental practices, the summer is one of the busiest times of the year. Students are going back to college and children need school examinations before they enter Kindergarten, 2nd and 6th grades. Parents are looking for a way to get their children in for a check-up before the school year begins.
If you want to attract new patients to your practice, a Back To School campaign is an ideal opportunity for you to increase your numbers and fill your schedule. You still have time for a back to school campaign! Use the Internet to do a dental marketing blitz in August.
I suggest that dentists engage in a minimum of 4 different marketing initiatives every month. August is a perfect time to invite patients back into the practice and to invite new patients and new movers into your office.
6 Back To School ideas for your dental marketing campaign on-line and in print:
- Create an Email marketing campaign targeting your current patient base.
- Create a Google Adwords campaign specifically for your Back To School offer.
- Create a Facebook post with your Back To School offer and boost it to the surrounding areas.
- Create a blog entry promoting your Back To School offer.
- Create a door to door campaign with a door hanger marketing piece.
- Contact area pre-schools and ask if you can send home your marketing piece with their students.
PS… Don’t forget to meet with your staff to explain the new patient offer you are using in your Back To School Campaign before it launches. You want them to have the verbal skills to support your marketing efforts.
If you want help with your dental marketing campaign, call Sharon Kantor Bogetz, MBA, MEd at (847) 370-9131 or contact her by email. She has been assisting dentists with their dental marketing and branding since 2002.