Your dental marketing plan for November should include an End Of The Year letter for your patients. You should compose and send this letter during the month of November. There are a variety of ways to send this letter:
- Leverage your dental practice management software. Contact the company you are using for your dental patient communications. Ask them how you can send an e-blast to all of your patients with valid emails.
- Send the letter by U.S. Postal service to those patients without email addresses. In reality, very few practices have 100% of their patients’ emails.
- Use an email marketing service to send an email to your patients.
If you are wondering how to write an “end of the year” letter, here is a list of some topics you might cover in your letter:
- Thank your patients for their loyalty
- Send holiday greetings
- Introduce staff changes
- Describe new dental equipment added
- Highlight new dental services added
- Remind your patients that their insurance benefits will expire
- Make an end of the year whitening offer
- Invite patients to start Invisalign to straighten their teeth before New Years
If you need help developing your end of the year letter for your dental patients, contact Sharon Kantor Bogetz at Cutting Edge Practice at 847-370-9131. She has been helping dentists with their dental marketing since 2002.
Observe National Cybersecurity Awareness Month with an eye toward improving your computer, dental website and data security which are parts of HIPAA compliance. There are many aspects of HIPAA compliance to consider for your patient data, patient communications and dental marketing. I have already written several dental blog entries and social media posts about the need to make your dental website secure with an SSL certificate.
Here are some helpful links to HIPAA reference materials created by The Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights (OCR):
- HIPAA Administrative Simplification Regulation Text 45 CFR Parts 160, 162, and 164 (Unofficial Version, as amended through March 26, 2013)
- HIPAA information for Professionals
Here is just a partial list of HIPAA compliance tasks that you can implement now:
- Provide staff training in HIPAA. Here is a cost effective on-line program created by the American Dental Association.
- Implement Business Associate Agreements.
- Conduct an assessment of the potential risks and vulnerabilities to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of patient data.
- Implement security measures sufficient to reduce risks and vulnerabilities to a reasonable and appropriate level to comply with § 164.306(a).
- Add a HIPAA Sanction policy to your employment manual. Ensure that all staff members receive the new policy with documentation.
- Implement procedures to regularly review records of information system activity, such as audit logs, access reports, and security incident tracking reports.
- A covered entity that maintains a a dental website that provides information about the covered entity’s customer services or benefits must prominently post its notice on the website.
I encourage you to subscribe to the HIPAA Journal. It is a FREE on-line journal providing valuable information and news about HIPAA for the healthcare professionals. They just published an article entitled: “Why Dental Offices Should be Worried About HIPAA Compliance.”
HIPAA compliance is a process. Keep working toward getting a secure website. If you need help, please call Cutting Edge Practice at 847-370-9131 or reach out to your IT professional.
Dental marketing for October should begin now. We encourage dentists to be involved in 4 different dental marketing initiatives every month to ensure your practice grows. Developing your plan for events, blog entries and social media requires time and effort. Just as you plan to fill your schedule 2 – 4 days in advance, we suggest you plan your marketing at least 2 weeks before the end of the month. Here are some ideas you may promote for October.
- Dental Hygiene Month
- National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- National Diabetes Month
- National Vegetarian Month
Here are some activities you might develop for October. All of these can generate great blog and social media posts.
- Plan a tooth brush trade in event with a school, day care or with your city officials.
- Collect Halloween candy to send to members of the armed forces.
- Invite your patients to come to their dental appointment in their Halloween costume.
- Send an email and/or postcards to remind patients with dental insurance that it is time to use their benefits before they expire.
- Post photos of your staff decorating the office for Halloween.
- Take photos of patients and/or your staff in their Halloween costumes.
Preparing for dental marketing events, blog and social media posts takes forethought. Start by reviewing my ideas with your staff. Assign responsibility to staff members to champion one of these ideas and generate excitement for your October dental marketing initiatives!
Need help with your October dental marketing strategy? Want me to design your marketing pieces? Contact Sharon Kantor Bogetz from Cutting Edge Practice at 847-370-9131 to get help!
Click this link and you’ll jump directly to a Google Review pop – up window for Cutting Edge Practice.
If you would like to use Google Reviews for your dental marketing, call Sharon Kantor Bogetz at 847-370-9131 or send her an email. She can help you create a custom Google Review link for your practice. She’ll also create a unique email that you can use to invite happy patients to post a 5 star Google Review for you. She has great ideas for collecting Google Reviews too!
For many dental practices, the summer is one of the busiest times of the year. Students are going back to college and children need school examinations before they enter Kindergarten, 2nd and 6th grades. Parents are looking for a way to get their children in for a check-up before the school year begins.
If you want to attract new patients to your practice, a Back To School campaign is an ideal opportunity for you to increase your numbers and fill your schedule. You still have time for a back to school campaign! Use the Internet to do a dental marketing blitz in August.
I suggest that dentists engage in a minimum of 4 different marketing initiatives every month. August is a perfect time to invite patients back into the practice and to invite new patients and new movers into your office.
6 Back To School ideas for your dental marketing campaign on-line and in print:
- Create an Email marketing campaign targeting your current patient base.
- Create a Google Adwords campaign specifically for your Back To School offer.
- Create a Facebook post with your Back To School offer and boost it to the surrounding areas.
- Create a blog entry promoting your Back To School offer.
- Create a door to door campaign with a door hanger marketing piece.
- Contact area pre-schools and ask if you can send home your marketing piece with their students.
PS… Don’t forget to meet with your staff to explain the new patient offer you are using in your Back To School Campaign before it launches. You want them to have the verbal skills to support your marketing efforts.
If you want help with your dental marketing campaign, call Sharon Kantor Bogetz, MBA, MEd at (847) 370-9131 or contact her by email. She has been assisting dentists with their dental marketing and branding since 2002.
Resizing photos for use on your dental website, dental blog or on social media is a challenge for most dentists trying to manage their own website, blog or social media campaign.
I recommend two simple ways to optimize (downsize or compress) your photos without loosing image quality. Try one of these techniques.
1st Choice – My top choice is using http://www.CompressNow.com
This website allows you to upload any size photo, compress it to your desired size and then download it for use in your dental website, dental blog or social media.
It is FREE, easy to use and extremely fast. No coding or previous knowledge is necessary.
2nd Choice – If you are using WordPress for your blog and your website, I suggest you use WP Smush. This is a FREE plug-in that you or your web designer can install and activate.
The plug-in can automatically compress your images for you. This plug-in has some short comings. It can’t compress large files and you cannot control the amount of compression.
In other words, you can’t manage the specific size of the file, the WP Smush has control over the final photo size.
Why should you learn how to optimize photos for your dental website, social media or dental blog?
There are several benefits to using optimized photos:
- The page containing your photo will load quicker. Large photos take longer to load on mobile devices and on desk top computers.
- Google uses page load speed as a factor in their ranking algorithm.
- Optimized photos take up less space on your website.
- Optimized photos require significantly less bandwidth.
- You will be able to avoid pixilated low quality images.
If you want help preparing photos for use on your dental website, dental blog or social media, call Sharon Kantor Bogetz, MBA, MEd at (847) 370-9131 or contact her by email. She has been assisting dentists with their dental marketing and branding since 2002.
With the rapid expansion of digital platforms, rich snippets are gaining increasing importance in the 2017 SEO (Search Engine Optimization) arena. Although they don’t have a direct impact on search rankings, they will help websites stand out from the crowd with increased credibility in your Google research results. Consequently, these can boost the likelihood of users clicking into your website and improving your CTR (click through rate).
Rich snippets enable you to communicate the right signals to search engines, particularly Google, about your business and website content. Rich snippets are a kind of structured data that can help improve your SEO by positively effecting your search engine results.
What are rich snippets?
Rich snippets are the extra bits of useful text or information that appear under search results for a given keyword. It is a broad term that refers to a range of structured data markup designed to help search engines to better understand the context of a website.
How do rich snippets benefit 2017 SEO?
Rich snippets benefit the website owner and the end user doing a search. The snippets enable the dentist to add more useful information to their web search result. Since SEO is largely a game of gaining more clicks, rich snippets render additional traffic to your site by providing a more robust description of a website or web page.
Snippets display more information for the end user. This additional information about the content of a web page helps end users better identify which search result has the most relevance to their query. The user can then make an informed decision as to which website to click and visit. If the snippet reflects the primary content of your page, it will lead to an improved user experience.
How to implement rich snippets
You simply need to add additional code to your existing website or configure a WordPress plugin designed for rich snippets. Don’t worry, adding this won’t affect the page’s visual appearance. Use Schema markup by schema.org. It’s the most recommended and most popular of all rich snippets.
Why is this important for your dental marketing?
Using rich snippets can improve your Google search results and enhance the user experience leading to an increased CTR (click through rate). This means that more potential patients will click into your website and learn about your services and your office.
If you would like to improve your 2017 SEO, contact Sharon Kantor Bogetz at Cutting Edge Practice at (847) 370-9131 or send her an email. She has been working with dental websites, internet dental marketing and dental SEO since 2002. Give her a call!
Cutting Edge Practice is excited to present the newest dental logo design created for general dentists starting a dental office in Plainfield IL. Creating a logo is the first step in the integrated marketing program that Cutting Edge Practice will create for their dental start up clients.
Unlike other dental consulting companies, Cutting Edge Practice does the design work for you. The Cutting Edge Practice dental marketing program includes, but is not limited to:
- Temporary Window Sign Design
- Dental Website Design
- Stationery Design (including business card design, referral cards & appointment cards)
- Facebook Design & Set Up
- Google My Business & Google + Design & Set Up
- Google Maps
- Listing Services
- Google Adwords Set Up
- Direct Mail Postcard Design
- Event Development & Advertising Design
- Monthly Marketing Tracking
- Marketing Training For Staff
- Competitive Analysis
- Patient Demographics
- and much more…..
If you would like to freshen your logo or create a new dental logo design for your 2017 dental marketing program, contact Sharon at Cutting Edge Practice. She has an MBA in Marketing and has been creating dental logos, websites and custom print pieces for dentists since 2002. No one has more experience or a larger dental logo portfolio than Sharon Kantor Bogetz. She has created more than 75 unique custom dental logos for her clients!
Pew Research Center posted the results of their latest social media research study entitled “Social Media Update 2016” on Nov 11, 2016. Read the entire article to learn more about the demographics of social media use in 2016… The Center conducted a telephone survey from March 7-April 4, 2016 and spoke to 1,520 adults from across the U.S. States.
The Pew Research Center reported that 8 out of 10 or 79% of adults used Facebook. This is a 7% increase from their 2015 survey. Pew also found that 76% of the adults using Facebook checked in and used Facebook daily. Other social media outlets trailed behind with Twitter use at 24%, Pinterest use at 31%, Instagram at 32% and LinkedIn at just 29%.
How should you apply this social media research to your dental marketing plan for 2017?
Spend your time and effort on Facebook because it is the most used social media outlet!
- Set up your Facebook business page.
- Refresh your Facebook cover photo.
- Boost your Facebook posts to reach a larger audience.
- Set a calendar of Facebook posts for the next 12 months.
- Copy your Facebook posts into your blog page on your dental website.
- Go out with a bang! Try creating a post for each week between now and December 31st.
Not sure how to use Facebook or need a new Facebook page cover photo? Read her post from last week about how to set up a Facebook page. Call Sharon Kantor Bogetz at 847-370-9131 or email her through this website.