Start the year off right! Do an inventory of your social media sites to ensure that you have claimed and/or verified your social media profiles. I have already talked about verifying our Google + page. It was a Google prerequisite for your Google+ page and your Google Maps profile to go live.
I want to remind you that you should also verify your Facebook business page. Verifying your Facebook business page is easy! Here are directions on how to verify your Facebook business page.
- Log into your Facebook account and navigate to your business page.
- Go to Settings > Page Verification > Edit
- Follow the prompts. Facebook will call you immediately, so please verify your page during business hours when someone is available at work to answer your phone.
- The Facebook call will give you a verification code that you will type into the space provided on the Facebook computer pop up window.
- Voila! Your page will be verified.
PS>> if this does not work, you can send Facebook a variety of acceptable business documents as a means of verifying your Facebook account ownership including the following list of items. Just follow the prompts.
Business utility or phone bill
Business tax file
Certificate of formation
Articles of incorporation
If you need help verifying your Facebook business page, contact Sharon Kantor Bogetz at Cutting Edge Practice at (847) 370-9131. Sharon has been doing dental marketing and Internet marketing since 2002!